Who says Christmas can't be simple? Beautiful, fuss-free decorations fuss-free allow you to get the look you want at home, with plenty of time left to spend with family and friends.Working with similar materials and colours creates continuity – this is especially important during Christmas, where the use of pattern and bold hues bring a festive feeling to each room. From table decorations to DIY gift ideas, here are six ways you can use ribbon over the festive season.
- Use ribbons and branches to create a natural napkin holder for each guest at lunch.
- Update stair banisters, window handles and other nooks with a touch of Christmas using small, natural arrangements.
- Finish off each gift with different ribbons – mix and match different monochromatic shades and ribbon widths for fabulous effect underneath the tree.
- Everyone loves a handmade touch at Christmas. Make your own jam, biscuits or Christmas pudding and attach the recipient’s name to the package with a sweet bow.
- String up your wreath, baubles and bunting and affix any weightier items with double-sided tape – some types can hold up to 85 kilograms, and it can easily be concealed behind the ribbon.
- Give perennial blooms seasonal charm by dressing the vase up in festive colours and patterns.